Mpigi restaurant owner has been arrested after two workers were found dead in her restaurant. The deceased have been identified as two females, Leilah 18 and Gift 17.

The two victims were hired on Friday from Iganga District  to work at the restaurant according to Ssenabulya George – the chairperson Kavule village.

“They have been sleeping in a room inside the restaurant and at around 4am, the owner of the restaurant commonly known as mama Sasha instructed them to light a charcoal stove and cook beans in preparation for Sunday. After lighting the stove both fell asleep and are suspected to have died of suffocation.” George Ssenabulya.

It is said that Leilah was only accompanying her elder sister Gift who had got a job at the restaurant and was returning to the village probably on Monday.

“It is unfortunate that we have lost the two girls but their boss has some questions to answer given the circumstances under which they died.” Katonga Police Spokesperson – Joseph Tulya.

courtesy photo.

(Visited 4 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *